Vaping has become increasingly popular in recent years, and disposable vapes have emerged as a convenient and user-friendly option for many enthusiasts. However, just like any electronic device, disposable vapes can sometimes encounter issues.
One common problem is a burnt taste, which can significantly diminish the vaping experience. In this article, we will explore what causes a disposable vape to burn, as well as provide some effective methods to fix this issue. Read on to discover how to restore your disposable vape to its optimal functionality and enjoy a smooth vaping experience once again.
What is a disposable vape?
A disposable vape, also known as a disposable e-cigarette, is a compact and portable device that comes pre-filled with e-liquid and has a built-in battery. These devices are designed to be used until the e-liquid runs out or the battery dies, after which they can be safely disposed of. Disposable vapes offer a hassle-free vaping experience as they require no refilling or recharging, making them an ideal option for beginners or those on the go.
What causes disposable vape to burn?
Several factors can contribute to a burnt taste in a disposable vape. One of the primary causes is using the device for an extended period of time without giving it time to rest. Continuous vaping can cause the wick inside the device to dry out, resulting in a burned taste.
Another common reason for burnt hits is chain vaping, where the user takes multiple puffs in quick succession without allowing sufficient time for the wick to re-saturate. Additionally, using a disposable vape past its recommended lifespan can lead to burnt hits due to the deterioration of the coil or wick.
How to fix a burnt disposable vape
- Prime the coil: To fix a burnt disposable vape, the first step is to prime the coil. Start by removing the mouthpiece and locating the coil. Apply a few drops of e-liquid directly onto the exposed cotton wick. This helps saturate the wick and prevent it from burning when you take a puff.
- Maintain proper usage: To avoid burnt hits, it is essential to give your disposable vape enough time to rest between puffs. This allows the wick to re-saturate, ensuring a smooth and flavorful vape. Avoid chain vaping and take moderate, spaced-out puffs for the best experience.
- Adjust your vaping technique: If you are experiencing burnt hits, try adjusting your vaping technique. Take slower and gentler puffs, as this allows the e-liquid to flow to the coil more efficiently. Avoid excessively long drags, as this can cause the coil to overheat and result in a burnt taste.
- Check the e-liquid level: Low e-liquid levels can cause dry hits and burnt taste. Ensure that the disposable vape is adequately filled with e-liquid. If the e-liquid level is low, it is advisable to dispose of the device and replace it with a new one.
- Lower the wattage: Some disposable vapes come with adjustable wattage options. If your device allows it, lower the wattage setting to decrease the power delivered to the coil. This reduces the chances of burning the wick and provides a smoother vaping experience.
- Clean the mouthpiece and airflow: A dirty mouthpiece or clogged airflow can impact the flavor and overall performance of a disposable vape. Regularly clean the mouthpiece and ensure that the airflow vents are clear of any debris or residue.
- Avoid dry hits: Dry hits occur when there is insufficient e-liquid reaching the coil. To prevent this, make sure to keep the e-liquid level above the minimum line indicated on the device. Refill or replace the disposable vape before it runs out completely.
- Store properly: Proper storage can extend the lifespan of a disposable vape and prevent it from burning. Keep the device away from direct sunlight, excessive heat, and extreme cold, as these conditions can affect its performance and lead to burnt hits.
- Consider a different flavor or brand: If you consistently experience burnt hits with a particular disposable vape, it may be worth trying a different flavor or brand. Different e-liquids have varying levels of viscosity and ingredients, which can affect the performance of the device.
- Dispose of and replace: If all else fails and you continue to experience a burnt taste despite your best efforts, it is recommended to dispose of the disposable vape and replace it with a new one. Sometimes, the issue may lie with the device itself, and no amount of fixing can rectify the problem.
How to fix a burnt coil in a disposable vape
A disposable vape can be a convenient and enjoyable way to satisfy your nicotine cravings, but there’s nothing more frustrating than a burned coil. The unpleasant taste, reduced vapor production, and overall poor vaping experience can leave you feeling disappointed.
However, don’t worry, as there are steps you can take to fix a burned coil in a disposable vape. In this article, we will guide you through the process, providing helpful tips and techniques to revive your disposable vape and bring back that satisfying flavor and smooth vapor production.
1. Identify the burnt coil
Before attempting fixes, it’s crucial to identify if your disposable vape’s coil is indeed burnt. Signs of a burnt coil include a harsh, burnt taste, decreased vapor production, and an unpleasant smell. If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s likely your coil needs attention.
2. Clean the mouthpiece and airflow
Start by cleaning the mouthpiece and airflow of your disposable vape. Detach the mouthpiece, if possible, and rinse it thoroughly with warm water. Use a cotton swab or a small brush to remove any residue or gunk that might be clogging the airflow.
3. Prime the coil
To fix a burnt coil, it’s essential to prime it properly. Drip a few drops of e-liquid directly onto the coil, allowing it to soak in for a few minutes. This helps saturate the wick and prevents dry hits that contribute to burnt coils.
4. Adjust your vaping technique
Sometimes, the issue lies not with the coil but with the way you vape. Take shorter and gentler puffs, allowing the coil to keep up with the wicking process. Avoid chain vaping, as this can lead to overheating and burnt coils.
5. Lower your wattage
If your disposable vape has adjustable wattage settings, consider lowering the wattage to alleviate stress on the coil. High wattages can cause the coil to heat up excessively, resulting in a burnt taste. Experiment with different wattage levels to find the sweet spot for your vape.
6. Avoid chain vaping
Chain vaping, or puffing continuously without giving the coil time to rewick, is a common cause of burnt coils. Take breaks between puffs to allow the wick to absorb more e-liquid. This prevents dry hits and helps maintain the longevity of your coil.
7. Use high-quality e-liquid
The e-liquid you use can have a significant impact on the lifespan of your coil. Opt for high-quality e-liquids that have a balanced blend of propylene glycol (PG) and vegetable glycerin (VG). Avoid e-liquids with high amounts of sweeteners, as these can gunk up the coil and contribute to faster burnout.
8. Try a needle or toothpick method
If the above steps haven’t resolved the issue, you can try using a needle or toothpick to poke small holes in the cotton wick. This can improve the wicking efficiency and revive a partially burnt coil. Be careful not to damage the coil or create large holes that may flood the tank.
9. Consider replacing the coil
If all else fails and your disposable vape’s coil is beyond repair, it may be time to consider replacing it. Some disposable vapes have replaceable coils, while others require you to purchase a new device altogether. Check the manufacturer’s instructions or consult with a knowledgeable vape retailer to determine the best course of action.
10. Prevent future burnt coils
To prevent future burnt coils in your disposable vape, it’s crucial to follow proper maintenance practices. Clean your device regularly, prime new coils thoroughly, and avoid vaping at excessively high wattages. Additionally, be mindful of your vaping technique and avoid chain vaping to give the coil sufficient time to wick.
Fixing a burnt coil in a disposable vape is an achievable task if you follow the right steps. By identifying the issue, cleaning your device, priming the coil, adjusting your vaping technique, and using high-quality e-liquids, you can bring your disposable vape back to life.
If those methods fail, replacing the coil may be necessary. Remember to practice proper maintenance to avoid future burnt coils. With these tips in mind, you can enjoy a satisfying vaping experience with your disposable vape once again.
A final note on how to fix burnt disposable vape
In conclusion, while a burnt taste in a disposable vape can be frustrating, there are several methods to fix this issue and restore a pleasant vaping experience. By priming the coil, adjusting your vaping technique, maintaining proper usage, and ensuring adequate e-liquid levels, you can effectively prevent burnt hits.
Additionally, keeping the device clean, storing it properly, and considering different flavors or brands can also contribute to a smoother vaping experience. Remember, if all else fails, disposing of the disposable vape and replacing it with a new one may be necessary. By following these tips, you can enjoy the full flavor and satisfaction that vaping has to offer.